1. Clothing is maybe the single greatest form of self-expression. Whether you are fashion-imparied or fashion-inspired, I urge everyone to take a few extra minutes every day to contemplate the message you are sending to the world.
2. Few people get dressed up today. Mix dressy with casual or rugged with refined. And one item should be more tailored. For example, if you're wearing a T-shirt, wear cleaner jeans. Wear a blazer with the jeans or a casual top with slacks.
3. Beyond any other accessory, shoes will have a very significant impact on how you look-they make the whole outfit come together.
4. When all else fails, wear black.
5. Establish a uniform, then layer in something new to make it fresh each day.
6. The must-haves for every wardrobe are a white shirt and a comfortable blazer.
7. Vests are the accesory for the season. They look great as an element of sportswear or with a suit-as long as they are not matching. It is about breaking up the suit and then wearing the pieces as seperates.
8. No matter how long it takes you to get dressed, it shouldn't look like it took more than 10 minutes.